**Updated January 30**
Idaho WIC Formula Recall Response
WIC Formula Options thru February 28
WIC Formula Options March 1 thru April 30
Idaho WIC has received three waivers allowing flexibility to meet formula needs during this Similac formula recall.
The waivers include:
- Medical documentation form (MDF) not required to provide non-contract formula for infants. Any medical formula will still require a WIC Medical Documentation Form.
- Flexibility in maximum monthly allowance (MMA) of non-contract formula issued to accommodate various can sizes
- Formula exchange or refunds for vendors allows vendors to treat WIC participants’ purchases like any other customer purchase regarding this formula recall.
Idaho WIC has received three additional waivers allowing further flexibility, one for food package 3/ special authorizations and two for imported formulas.
Food package 3/ Special Authorization formulas:
- Increased flexibility in maximum monthly allowance (MMA) amount to accommodate various can sizes.
These waivers apply to food packages 1 and 2 ONLY.
- Participants may buy infant formula from manufacturers not registered with the FDA.
- Participants may buy formulas that do not meet the iron and caloric content in federal regulations.
Our goals include the creation of a database for maternal/child outcomes; correlate, analyze, and make recommendations regarding maternal/child statistical data for the state of Idaho; provide education to perinatal health care professionals and the general public; and become a main resource and advocate in maternal/infant health.